You wake up in the morning to the sun rising across Willow Lake and to the sound of the ducks and geese on there way south and to the bugle of the elk off in the distance, and you realize this isn’t a dream it is reality on this great Turtle Mountain property. This property is a dream that rarely comes true let alone on the open market in the turtle mountains and it can be yours! This property is one that I could write a book on, but let the pictures do the talking. You really need to see it to appreciate all that it offers.
This sprawling property borders 400 acres of hard to access state land to the west and to the east borders Willow Lake National Game Refuge. Scenic views can be found in all directions from the rolling hills of the Turtle Mountains to the waters of Willow Lake and across the vast rolling countryside. The property is a perfect combination of timber, tillable and grassland. This combination presents the ability for multiple income potential options. The timber provides the opportunity for doing a selective timber cruise. The tillable can either be used for hay, other crops or rented out. A fence is in place around the perimeter of the property which makes for the ability to pasture cattle or horses. The pasture area also contains a good water supply which is more than ample to water livestock.
Deer, elk, ruffed grouse, ducks, geese and martin, to name a few, call this property home. The opportunity to shoot a 150+ inch buck yearly is a good possibility. As a landowner of this property you are guaranteed a Whitetail tag yearly and the tag works for all the different hunting seasons (rifle, bow, black powder). There is also the option to purchase a bow tag over the counter. Elk are a common sight on this property visiting the various food plots regularly. This property is one of only a handful in the state that presents the opportunity of a potential elk gratis tag. An extensive trail system is found throughout the property. 30 acres of food plots are located on the property with a variety of alfalfa, sainfoil, chickory, clover, corn, beans and brasica’s. There is also a large, heated blind on the property as well as feeders and stock ponds. The hunting experience that this property offers is truly exceptional. Check out the trail cam photos for the proof.
The house/cabin on this property is not to be missed. Recently built, the open concept living area home offers 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The full size, open kitchen includes hickory cabinets and the vaulted ceiling is finished in pine. The house has full utilities with water, sewer, SRT fiber optic(WiFi), electric furnace and a wood stove. This home has endless options as could be a full time residence, a weekend retreat or the ultimate deer camp. The property also includes a grainery with an overhead door that is a great place to store your recreational toys or hang your game. This secluded paradise is completely turnkey, but also has the potential to expand the building area and put up a barn or large shop.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity. If you want to learn more about this property or to schedule a private showing contact us to set up an appointment to this listing.
- Hunt deer, elk, turkeys, ruffed grouse, ducks, geese, martin and other Turtle Mountain wild game species
- Borders 400 acres of hard to get to state land to the west
- Fence in place around perimeter of property, and ability to pasture horses and cattle
- Income potential from pasturing cattle, cutting hay, renting out tillable and doing a selective timber cruise
- Potential Elk Gratis tag as the landowner is entered in that drawing
- Landowners Whitetail tag that is good every year for all seasons, gun, bow and black powder
- 1500 sq. ft. house, 4 bed 2 bath, open concept living area. Hickory cabinets. Only 4 years old
- Trail system, hunting blinds, food plots, stock ponds, feeders, apple trees – TURNKEY
- Borders Willow Lake National Game Refuge to the east
- Grainery with overhead door to hang game, use as a shop or for storage of toys
- Close to snowmobile trails, public hunting land, great fishing lakes and the Canadian Border
- 270 miles from Fargo
- 50 miles from Rugby
- 20 miles from Bottineau